Developing Emotional Intelligence – 5 weeks
Focus on the four core competencies of emotional intelligence: self-awareness, self-regulation, social awareness and social connection. Learn how to develop and implement these things to enhance your relationships in work and life by increasing your understanding of social and emotional behaviours, and how to adapt and manage responses to particular situations. Developing Emotional Intelligence
This course is useful for anyone who leads or works with other people, no matter the size of the organisation. It’s applicable for teamwork, customer service, and building relationships, and important for anybody who wants to develop a better understanding of themselves and others.
It is incredibly useful at home too…
Through a mix of discussion and practical exercises, you’ll develop awareness and practical strategies for being in touch with yours and other’s emotions. Developing Emotional Intelligence
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- develop an awareness of EI model
- recognise the benefits of EI
- expand your knowledge of emotional patterns in yourself and others
- understand how to use emotion to facilitate thought and behaviour
- know and utilise the difference between reaction and considered response
- manage your emotions, and positively influence themselves and others
- build more effective relationships with people at work and at home
- positively influence and motivate colleagues, team members and managers
- increase your leadership effectiveness by creating an atmosphere that engages others
Know your emotions
- What are emotions?
- The different levels of emotional awareness
- Increase your emotional knowledge of yourself
- Recognise ‘negative’ and ‘positive’ emotions
Manage your emotions
- The relationship between emotions, thought and behaviour
- Discover the importance of values
- The impact of not managing and processing ‘negative’ emotions
- Techniques to manage your emotions in challenging situations
Recognise emotions in others
- The universality of emotional expression
- Learn tools to enhance your ability to recognise and appropriately respond to others’ emotions
- Perceiving emotions accurately in others to build empathy
Relate to others
- Applying EI in the workplace
- The role of empathy and trust in relationships
- Increase your ability to create effective working relationships with others (peers, subordinates, managers, clients
- Find out how to deal with conflict
- Tools to lead, motivate others and create a high performing team
- Suitable for anyone who leads or works with other people, no matter what size the organisation.
- It is applicable for teamwork, customer service, and building relationships.
- Also suitable for those wanting to develop a better understanding of themselves and others, in order to enhance personal and professional relationships.
Delivery includes content delivery, reflection, short videos, group activities and discussions. The facilitator’s engaging and supportive teaching style enables practical tools for skills transfer, improvements, relationships and results
Who is leading the course?
Dan Ireland, your course trainer, is a Psychotherapist, Emotional Intelligence Facilitator, Compassion & Mindfulness Accredited Teacher and Tibetan Buddhist. He has a wealth of experience working with people particularly with trauma and PTSD.
He is also a Dementia Support Specialist for Dementia Australia delivering courses to carers on grief, loss and mental health strategies.
When is the next course?